Just because you don’t see the ductwork inside your house in plain sight, it doesn’t mean you can forget about it. The HVAC systems in your house can only work efficiently when the air ducts are clean and well-maintained. Ducts and other components of the forced air system are not easily accessible, and therefore, this is not some DIY job you can do over the weekend. If you are in Montreal, you can call Nettoyage de conduits de ventilation Imperial for help. In this post, we are sharing key details that you need to know as a homeowner.
Should you spend on duct cleaning?
Air ducts transport clean hot/cool air throughout the house, and if the ductwork is unclean or contains debris and dirt, this could trigger serious health conditions. If you have pets or kids at home, you need to be more careful about keeping ducts clean. When the forced air system in the house is working as expected, you can also expect your HVAC systems to perform better, and that could bring down monthly energy bills.
How often should you use duct cleaning services?
Ideally, it’s wise to get the ductwork checked at least once a year. You should call a professional service for duct cleaning immediately if –
- There is a strange odor in the house
- Your family members have frequent allergies
- Your pets are sneezing all the time
- You have paid huge in energy bills
- There is mold around the ductwork and grills
Choosing a reliable company in Montreal
- Ensure that the duct cleaning company is licensed.
- Ask if they have liability insurance.
- Find out if the company is based and works in your community.
- Check the reviews online and find key details.
- Ask if the company has an in-house team of experts.
- Check if they have accreditations and certifications relevant to the industry.
In addition to all that, ensure that you have the necessary information about the company’s work profile. The cost of duct cleaning depends on the size of your home and whether the ducts are well-maintained, but it’s wise to get an estimate in advance. Don’t choose a service because their quote is cheaper, but look for work guarantees and contract inclusions. It is also wise to ask about preventive maintenance contracts.
Check online now to find more on duct cleaning services near your home, and don’t forget to get a few references.