Have you ever wondered why your utility bills are higher during summer and winter? It’s not just because you’re using more heat or air conditioning. It’s also because the demand for these appliances is higher, which drives up prices.
If you’re in the market for a new heating or cooling system, the best time to buy is during the fall. Yes, you read it right-the fall, not summer or winter. Here are some of the reasons why:
- Dealers are trying to clear their inventory in preparation for the next season– This is the time of year when appliance manufacturers release their new models, so dealers are eager to sell off their older inventory. This means you can get a great deal on a high-quality system.
- The weather is milder– Fall is the perfect time to install a new system because the weather is milder than it is in winter or summer. This makes the installation process easier and less disruptive to your life.
- You’ll save money on your utility bills– A new heating or cooling system is more energy-efficient than an old one, so you’ll save money on your utility bills. In fact, you could save up to 30% on your energy costs!
- You’ll be more comfortable– A new system will keep your home more comfortable because it will better regulate the temperature. This means you won’t have to deal with hot or cold spots in your home.
- You can get a tax credit– If you install an energy-efficient system, you may be eligible for a federal tax credit of up to $500. This is an additional saving that can help offset the cost of your new system.
So if you’re in the market for a new heating or cooling system, don’t wait until the last minute-shop now and save! You’ll be glad you did when winter comes and your utility bills are lower than ever.
How to get the best deals on heating and cooling systems
Now that you know the best time to buy a new heating or cooling system is during the fall, you may be wondering how to get the best deals. Here are some tips:
- Shop around– Get quotes from several dealers before you make a purchase. This will help you compare prices and find the best deal. You can be sure you’re getting a good deal by checking out the Energy Star website, which rates appliances based on their energy efficiency.
- Negotiate– Don’t be afraid to negotiate with dealers. They’re usually willing to give you a better price if you’re buying multiple appliances or if you’re paying cash. This is because they want to make a sale and get the appliance off their hands.
- Look for rebates– Many utility companies offer rebates on energy-efficient appliances. You may be able to get a rebate of up to $200 on a new system! Check with your local utility company to see if they offer any rebates.
- Finance your purchase– If you can’t afford to pay for your new system outright, many dealers offer financing options. You can usually get a 0% interest rate for 12 months or longer. This means you can spread out the cost of your purchase and not have to pay any interest!
- Get multiple quotes– The best way to find the best deal on a new system is to get multiple quotes from different dealers. This will allow you to compare prices and find the best deal.
When you’re ready to buy a new heating or cooling system, don’t wait until the last minute-shop now and save! You’ll be glad you did when winter comes and your utility bills are lower than ever.
Installing your new system
Once you’ve found the perfect heating or cooling system, it’s time to install it. Here are some tips to help you through the process:
- Schedule an installation date– Most dealers will deliver and install your new system for free if you buy it from them. However, they may charge a fee if you need the system installed on an urgent basis. Be sure to schedule your installation date in advance so you’re not caught off guard.
- Prepare your home– Before the installation crew arrives, be sure to clear out any furniture or other items that might be in their way. This will make the installation process go more smoothly and quickly.
- Be present during the installation– It’s always a good idea to be present during the installation process in case there are any problems. This way, you can ask questions and make sure everything is installed properly.
- Follow the instructions– Once the installation is complete, be sure to read the instructions that come with your new system. This will help you get the most out of your new system and avoid any problems.
- Schedule a follow-up– Most dealers offer a free follow-up visit to make sure everything is working properly. Be sure to schedule this visit so you can have peace of mind knowing your system is installed correctly and working efficiently.
Now that you know the best time to buy a new heating or cooling system, get your holiday shopping done early this year and save big!