A lot of people are suffering with diabetes nowadays. Besides, the main reason for this condition is high blood sugar levels.The warning indicators can be so subtle that they go unnoticed. This is particularly true in case of type 2 diabetes. Some people don’t realize that they have diabetes until they experience the problem.When it comes to type-1 diabetes, the symptoms appear fast. In fact, they appear in a matter of just few weeks or days.
What are the early signs of diabetes?
- Slow Wound Healing:When it comes to high blood sugar levels, it can affect the blood flow in your body very badly. As a result, you may experience nerve damage, due to which wound healing don’t happen easily. In fact, it takes a lot of time for wound healing.
- Yeast Infection:Both women and men suffering with Diabetes experience yeast infection.Yeast infection might occur under breasts, between toes or fingers and in the sex organs.
- Feels Thirstier:People with diabetes feel very thirsty, as they urinate frequently. They generally drink more and pee more.
As we all know blisters, grazes, cuts and scratches can occur anywhere on the body.However, feet are one of the common places where they occur more.For people with diabetes, even a small wound on foot can turn into foot ulcer.If you ignore these foot ulcers, they can become a problem in future.
For the diabetes wound care Orange County, you must see a podiatrist. Podiatrists are health care professionals, who treat foot related problems. Apart from providing the treatment, podiatrists will also recommend lifestyle changes to their patients. They will provide you nutritional advice and hygienic practices to prevent foot problems in future.
If you don’t have any idea about the podiatrists in Irvine, you could choose Dr. SimaSoltani. She is a diabetic wound care specialist, and have treated many people with diabetic foot ulcers till now successfully.Mentioned below is the list of few things that her diabetic foot ulcer treatment includes.
- Infection prevention.
- Taking care of the ulcer wound.
- Removing your dead skin.
- Dressing ulcer wound.
- Monitoring your blood glucose levels.
According to the Orange County wound care, it is critical to understand the following to avoid ulcer infection:
- Blood glucose levels should be monitored and maintained.
- Keep the ulcer clean and wrapped at all times.
- Cleaning the wound on a daily basis with a bandage or approved wound dressing.
- Putting on shoes, especially unclean and tight shoes.
Self-inspection is the most effective technique to detect the injuries that you may have overlooked. Check between your toes and fingers and your arms, hands and legs daily to identify the problem at the initial stage itself. Keep your skin moisturized to avoid irritated and dry skin.
What are the signs of foot ulcers?
Some of the signs of foot ulcers include
- Skin Discoloration
- Burning Sensation
Speak with a good podiatrist today for foot ulcer treatment!