The Punjab State Power Corporation Limited (PSPCL) invites online applications on a yearly basis to recruit suitable candidates for various vacancies available under the Junior Engineers (Electrical) department. PSPCL JE post is undoubtedly a reputed position to hold. Aspirants who apply for the said post will have to appear for a written examination.
Before you start preparing for the upcoming PSPCL JE exam, it is crucial to know the exam pattern, the type of questions asked, and the detailed syllabus. You can then strategize your preparation accordingly and be well prepared and confident to crack this competitive exam.
PSPCL JE 2021 Exam Pattern
The exam comprises a total of 100 questions based on an MCQ format. Aspirants are required to answer all the questions in the prescribed duration of 2 hours. For details on the topics, look at the table given below.
|Topic||Number Of Questions||Maximum marks|
- For each correct answer, one mark will be awarded.
- Candidates will be penalized with 1/4th negative marking in case of an incorrect answer.
- No mark will be allotted for the question that is left unanswered by the candidate.
- Aspirants must qualify for the PSPCL JE Cut off to secure a chance of ranking.
PSPCL JE 2021 Syllabus
The recruitment process for the post of junior engineer begins with the syllabus of PSPCL JE exam. The selection of registered candidates is done on the basis of their performance in this test. The objective type written exam includes the following four sections:
- Professional knowledge
- General English
- General knowledge
PSPCL JE 2021: Preparation Strategies
Aspirants can follow the given steps to make their efforts count and work consistently with smart work to crack the exam with a good score.
- Make a Study Plan: Once you have understood the PSPCL JE Syllabus thoroughly, you must maintain a strict schedule to allow equal time to all the subjects and adhere to the schedule or timetable to cover all the topics well in time.
- Focus on The Concepts: Every topic comes with its fundamental concepts, and you must make sure to brush up on them to understand the advanced ones better. Also, do not give much time to the less important concepts.
- Solve Previous Year Papers: Previous years’ papers are considered the most important resource for the PSPCL JE exam. They are the best source for insights into the types and levels of questions and the topics most prevalent in the exam. Aspirants must give special attention to the previous years’ papers to learn the recent trends of questions.
- Revision: Regular revision is the key to recalling all the concepts that you have learned. Revision of all the concepts should be done at an interval of 10 to 14 days. Make small notes, tips, and tricks to revise all the concepts well before attempting the exam.
- Practice mock tests: Candidates are suggested to practise as many mock tests as possible using the various test series available online for smooth preparation of the examination. They also assist students in getting acquainted with the exam pattern, time management, and spotting their weak areas. This will also help you handle the exam pressure in a better way and improve your efficiency. You can note down all the wrong attempted questions to revise the related topics accordingly. BYJU’S Exam Prep offers free online mock test series, sign up immediately to put your best foot forward in the exams.
Visit BYJU’S Exam Prep to boost your PSPCL JE preparation through practice papers, mock tests, online courses and more!
Stay Connect with our education blog & write for us education