Wouldn’t it be great if you could click the ‘Refresh’ button and quickly update your space? It’s not just you! Learn how to change up your room quickly with accessories and home decor accents. With your help, we’ll break down everything you need to know about selecting and styling pillows, rugs, lighting, window coverings, wall art, and mirrors.
Using accessories to update your home
You should carefully curate those special ‘finds’ over time after you select the right furniture. Don’t rush it. It is because what follows – editing and styling – will be your mark, your signature, and how you make use of lighting, rugs and mirrors to set a mood.
- Replace your pillows with a cozy throw! A gorgeous throw, accent pillows, and throw pillows can make or break a room.
- Your space can be defined by an area rug. Rugs can define a room or sitting area, or they can set the mood for a whole home’s color scheme. It is possible to accent different interior design styles, furniture choices, and wall colors with a solid or patterned area rug. Rugs motivate us to experiment with colors in new ways. Ornate patterns and textures create visual interest and work well with other elements of décor. You should look for a shag or medium pile carpet, one that’s machine woven or hand tufted. For more information click on link https://www.onlyoakfurniture.co.uk/what-colours-go-with-oak-furniture/
- Window treatments can frame a room. Window shades and blinds can frame a spectacular view, conceal a less-than-stellar view, diffuse or block sunlight, provide privacy, improve acoustics, or simply offer energy efficient insulation. There is a story behind every window treatment. If you want your windows to look cozy, you can use them to soften their sharp rectangular shapes.
- Wall art expresses your personality. Art decor can bring out a room’s natural beauty, define its style, set a mood, and reflect your personality. When your decor changes, so does your mood. There are many ways to add a personal touch to every room in your home with Bassett tapestries, wall hangings, and framed and unframed prints.
- Mirrors create depth. A decorative mirror can add a magical touch to any room. Who doesn’t enjoy how they reflect light around your living space? Mirrors redefine a room’s spatial boundaries with their sophistication and adaptability. Well-chosen floor mirrors can add a certain amount of sophistication and character to a room. Mirrors can make smaller rooms feel larger. They look wonderful in living rooms, family rooms, bedrooms, and foyers. Mirrors can add depth and character to smaller rooms while dressing them up. You can improve a small dining room with a horizontal wall mirror that reflects candlelight or a sparkling chandelier.
- Lighting can set the mood. Depending on how many lighting sources you use, you can create a different atmosphere in a room. Having the right lighting is crucial to elevating your mood and making your home a warm, inviting place for your family and guests. Lighting has the ability to relax and envelop us in its warmth.
Accessorize with accessories
If you’re looking for a quick way to refresh your home without a lot of work, look no further than pillows and throws, rugs, lighting, window treatments, wall art and mirrors that make a big impact.