|I found this TED talk by Seth Godin when I was reading Sheila’s Newbie Lifeline blog.
Seth talks about remarkable marketing, ideas that spread, and TV-complex that does not work any more. Seth shares few case studies
and he unveils where he wants to go next – the middle of nowhere. Let me share here few notes I have taken and how it relates to my aspirations.
- “Ideas That Spread, Win”. This one makes tons of sense, the question is who do you create the ideas that spread? I think the answer is Make Your Message Sticky And You Might Tip
- “TV Marketing Is Not Working Anymore”. At least for me it is too true. I do not watch TV, I do not listen to the news on radio, I do not read newspapers. I shield myself from massive media intentionally. It helps me focusing so that I can Program Myself For Extremely Fast Performance
- “I Ignore Because I Do Not Care”. I think the idea here is that the push model related to mass media marketing is dead (see previous bullet), pull model rocks. RSS rules. What I care I subscribe, the rest is out of my radar. I tune my radar to something I can learn from since Learning Capability Is Your Core Competitive Advantage
- “Purple Cow Is Remarkable”. Too true, but at some point all cows become purple and lose its remarkableness. “Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect” – Mark Twain Quotes – Motivation Super Power (WARNING – Addicting)
- “Market To Those Who Care”. YEAH! Find your customer that fits your vision and become his superhero, here is how – 3 Easy Steps To Become A Superhero
- “Very Good Is Average, It’s Not Gonna Work”. Cannot argue with this – only highest quality matters. Grow Quality – Not Quantity
“The value of an idea lies in the using of it. “ – Thomas A. Edison
Got more ideas of how to be remarkable? Share!