Realize The Difference Between Activity And Productivity
Working hard is not going to help you to fly right any more. Working smart is the name of the game. Change your mindset from “doing” to “achieving.”
Change is no easy, especially when it comes to changing a mindset. A famous book by Spencer Johnson Who Moved My Cheese?: An Amazing Way to Deal with Change in Your Work and in Your Life helped me to focus on dealing with Change and focusing on Productivity vs. Activity.
”They were disappointed but believed they could solve the problem. So they started earlier, stayed longer, and worked harder. But after a while, all they had was a large hole in the wall.”
“Haw was beginning to realize the difference between activity and productivity.”
Change To Keep Growing
”If You Do Not Change, You Can Become Extinct”
- Family. If you do not change you relationships become boring. If you do not change your kids adopt the wrong role model. If you do not change you stop driving, you become driven.
- Work. If you do not change your skills become obsolete. If you do not change you miss career opportunity. If you do not change you create the wrong personal brand.
- Network. If you do not change your network disappears. If you do not change you have less to outsource. If you do not change you become weaker in the Age of Social Power.
Enjoy Your Cheese
Imagining Yourself Enjoying Your New Cheese Leads You To It.
- Family. Imagine dating your wife weekly. Imagine you prepare a home work with your 4th grade. Imagine you spend an hour daily with your preschooler. Imagine you go outdoors weekly with the whole family. Imagine you move to a bigger house in a better neighborhood. Imagine your vacation next summer.
- Work. Imagine you work on stuff that matters. Imagine you are part of the team of top performers. Imagine you ask for a rise. Imagine you get a promotion. Imagine you take a break. Imagine you retire.
- Network. Imagine you meet an old friend. Imagine you become a member of the professional community. Imagine you get a mentor. Imagine you become a mentor.
What stops you from achieving all that? Stop doing, start achieving.
It Is Safer To Search In The Maze, Than Remain In A Cheeseless Situation.
- Family. Had a fight? – Argue, Do Not Fight! Improve Your Outcomes By Changing Your Responses.
- Work. Stuck at work? – Do You Have The Dream Job? Fear No Recession – Surpass Your Career Potential Do you have The Courage To Quit?
- Network. Attract more people by Putting Positive Spin On Everything
Change happens. Your next Change is just around the corner. Adopt Johnson’s rules of Cheese:
- Change Happens.The Keep Moving The Cheese.
- Anticipate Change. Get Ready For The Cheese To Move.
- Monitor Change. Smell The Cheese Often So You Know When It Is Getting Old.
- Adapt To Change Quickly. The Quicker You Let Go Of Old Cheese, The Sooner You Can Enjoy New Cheese.
- Change. Move With The Cheese.
- Enjoy Change! Savor The Adventure And Enjoy The Taste Of New Cheese!
- Be Ready To Change Quickly And Enjoy It Again & Again. They Keep Moving The Cheese.
Practice This – Get Results
- The only constant is Change – keep growing.
- Imagine your cheese – see your success through.
- Keep searching for the Cheese – he who searches will always find.
- Read Who Moved My Cheese? – it is a classic book they must teach in schools but they don’t.
My Related Posts
- Apply 80/20 Principle – Focus On Stuff That Matters
- You Are 95 And You Are Dying
- Team Of Top Performers