3 Simple Rules To Become The World’s Greatest Brand [Plus Self Check]
I am selling the Most Valuable Product, the Experience. What are you selling (stop denying, we all sell something)? Does your customer get engaged easily? No? Neither mine. Then how do you engage with your customer?
You create a brand that is credible, compelling, and personally connected with the potential customer.
This simple formula is expressed in William J. McEwen’s book Married to the Brand: Why Consumers Bond with Some Brands for Life. How do you check your brand for credibility, compelling, and connecting? This is what the author suggest:
- [Brand] is a name I can always trust.
- [Brand] always delivers on what they promise.
- [Brand] is a highly respected brand name.
- I know what [Brand] stands for and what makes them different
- [Brand] sets the standard for all other brands to follow
- There is no other [product/service category] quite like [Brand]
- I can’t imaging a world without [Brand]
- [Owners/Buyers/Shoppers/Customers] rave about how great [Brand] is.
- [Brand] is the perfect [product/service category] for people like me.
- I can easily imaging myself as a [Brand] [owner/shopper/buyer/customer]
“Brand promises that are Credible, present a Compelling offer, and manage to personally Connect will attract first dates. But far more than that, they will generate a special type of first date – one that set the stage for a continuing brand relationship” – William J. McEwen, the author.
Are *you* Credible, Compelling, and Connecting brand? Check yourself. Replace [Brand] with [My dad/mom] or [My husband/wife]. Is it still Credible, Compelling, Connected? Are you world greatest for your customer?10 June 2008